Balance the creamy, sour flavour of goats’ cheese with a sweet and fragrant mango jam.
For the goats’ cheese crumpets
- 300g/10½ oz soft goats’ cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 6 crumpets
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp honey
For the mango jam
- 200g/7oz mango chutney
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeds removed, flesh chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- ½ orange, juice only
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- baby salad leaves to serve
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. Beat the goats’ cheese with the salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl. Add the fresh mint, chilli flakes, and egg, and mix until well combined.
3. Toast the crumpets under the grill until golden-brown, then spread with the cheese mixture. Return the crumpets under the grill and cook until the cheese is bubbling and pale golden-brown. Remove from the grill, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and drizzle over the honey.
4. Meanwhile for the jam, mix together the mango chutney, papaya, mint, orange juice and coriander until well combined.
5. Serve the crumpets on top of a baby leaf salad with the mango jam.